Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Inglourious basterds




Inglourious Basterds - the latest movie by Quentin Tarantino.
It will be screened in Cannes Film Festival in the following few days. I would do anything to be there. Sadly, its not possible now.. :(
And he himself calls it his best. 10 years of meticulous work goes into this, he says. Even Jackie Brown(one of my favorites) was kinda an exercise in getting funds for this.. Like Dasavatharam for Maruthanayagam

I cant wait to watch this... and look at the star cast.. i had a look at the trailer.. its mind blowing.. I place all my bucks for this one to get the Palme d'or , even before the screenings start.. This one is going to be so huge, that it will make pulp fiction look small..

Thalaivar is the reason that I am into movies now.. So all the credit for inspiring and bringing such a mastermind(of the future :)) into movies goes to Thaleevar!!!
Its my personal opinion that Ayudha Eluthu was Mani Rathnam's attempt to try a Tarantinoesque movie.. but he kinda failed at that.. He just got the confusing chronology and jumping timeline part, which is ofcourse a part of a Tarantino movie, but he failed to get the wit, the style and lifelike dialogue and the rest in place..

Look at the style of the screenshots.. I feel like crying out of happiness, just watching them.. Watching a good movie for the first time, is an unmatched experience.. the consequent watches are never the same.. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.. It officially releases in the US sometime mid august and in India, god knows when..

1 comment:

  1. I have always liked watching War time epics..
    And if one is going to come from Tarantino..the expectations shoot up..This blog has brought this film to my notice..Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete